Electric RC cars are the most popular today. This might be because of the fact that every RC car beginners will get started with this type of RC car, this is due to operation of an electric RC cars is easy to be understood. Electric RC car which powered by battery packs have a lot of advantages compared to nitro / gas RC cars. If you are new in the RC world , you might probably face difficulty to choose the right electric RC car which will satisfied you. The most important thing before you make a purchase, you need some information to guide you to avoid wrong choice.
First what are consideration to be made. This is important to every person who would like to be engage in Electric RC cars world.
1. What are Advantage
2. What type of RC cars
3. What size of RC cars.
4. What options to choose.
1.Advantage of electric RC cars.
– User friendly
– Easy and less maintaining
– Less tuning and set-up
– Less cost
– Noise less
– Smoke less
– Light weight
2. Type of electric RC cars
– On-road RC cars. Consist of Touring , racing and Drift cars.
– Off-road RC cars. Consist of Buggies and Monster truck.
– Indoor RC cars . Consist of mini / micro cars.
3. Size of electric RC cars.
– 1/ 10, 1/ 12, 1/ 16, 1/ 18, 1/ 24, 1/ 27, and 1/ 30.
4. Option to choose.
There are two options available in the market.
Electric RC car – RTR kits ( Ready to run )
This option is specially design for beginners.
RTR package are comes with ready build RC car included:
– RC car body / Chassis
– Electronic speed controller
– 17 turn motor
– Radio transmitter and servos
– 4 tires
– Painted body shell
You don’t have to worry about assembly RC car parts and painting the body shell. All that’s left for you to do is to add your battery and you are ready to lay down on the track. After experiencing good in handling and maintained of RTR RC cars, you are now ready go to a step further.
Electric RC car pro kit
This option are design for racer.
Feature of this kit is only RC car body ( chassis ) and you will need to assemble all of single parts of this body . Normally it’s will take about 4 to 5 hours to complete this task. To run this kit on track you have to add another parts or accessories such as:
– 4 Tires ( Completed with insert + rim )
– Motor ( Brushed / Brushless )
– ESC ( Electronic speed controller )
– Battery pack. ( 6 cells )
– Battery charger
– Body shell.
– Radio Transmitter and servos
All RC parts or accessory as listed above can be buy separately from various brand or maker around the world.
In this last consideration you have to know where:
– Play ground or track available at your area.
– Hobby shop nearby to find your spare parts
– Is this shop sell electric RC car parts which you will choose.
– Is there any technical support or advised provided by this shop.
– Is there have any others community run a same model or type which you choose.
This will help you to improve your driving skill faster then you run alone on the track.